Thursday, October 10, 2013

Porcelain

The five of us sat around, and looked up at the menu above. Shelves were littered with a rainbow of sweets, with frozen drinks on the counter behind, and golden, buttery popcorn to the left of the register. The man in uniform smiled at us all, nodded and took our order.

Moments later, we were picking through our bags of treats. You tossed a chocolate in your mouth as I bit the head off of a gummy worm. You caught me staring. You just smiled.

We headed over to the ticket counter. Foolishly, I spent whatever money I had on food. You nudged me to the side, playfully. "I got it." I heard you say, before you smirked over your shoulder. My mouth opened to protest, but I stayed unwillingly mute. I blinked, with a prickle of heat curving over my face. "...Thanks."

It wasn't going to start for a while. The doors weren't even open. I rested my hand on the small brass pole next to me. Yours was already there. "Oh..." was all I managed to get out, as I slowly pulled away. We locked eyes. I could feel myself being dragged towards you, helpless. Words drowned in the beating of my heart.

We perched ourselves by the oversized windows as the other three sprawled out on sofas. I planted my elbows on my thighs, staring out into the afternoon grey of nothing. You did the same. Then you spoke. I watched your lips move, but I couldn't hear what was being said.

I was staring again. Your eyes were so blue. Your mouth seemed like it was teasing a laugh. I felt myself drifting again, falling into a void where I knew I would never leave. I looked down, and inched closer, resting my head on your shoulder.

"You don't have to..." you said, never completing the thought.

I turned my head. I was being swallowed whole. I didn't care anymore. I wanted to be lost, forever, alone, with you. I leaned in, tempting a kiss.

"What are you doing?" you asked, innocently.

"I just...really wanted to do that."

Silence floated lightly in the air. I could feel my chest pound out a heavy rhythm, as you grinned, wide and true. You wrapped your arm around me, and I could feel my body flood with warmth.

"You should of told me, then..."

I felt you freely kiss the side of my face.

I melted into you.

And I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment